9. Your Data Protection Rights
- Access: You have the right to request we provide you with a copy of personal information that we have collected from you. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- Rectification: You have the right to request we correct, amend or update any personal information you believe is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Account Closure: If you have created an account with us, we will delete that account upon your request or within a reasonable time thereafter.
- Erasure: You have the right to request that we erase or destroy your personal information in certain circumstances, including where you withdraw your consent, where your data is no longer required for collection purposes or where your personal information has been unlawfully processed;
- Restrict Processing: You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information under certain conditions, including where processing is inconsistent with the reason for which the personal information was collected.
- Object to Processing: You have the right to object to us processing your personal information under certain circumstances, including the right to object to profiling, automation and direct marketing.
- Data Portability: You have the right to request we transfer the personal information we have collected to another organization or directly to you, under certain circumstances.
- Legitimate Interests: To the extent that we are relying on our legitimate interests to use your personal data, you also have the right to object to such use (unless we can either demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the use that override your interests, rights and freedoms, or where we need to process the data for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims).
- Responses: Without undue delay and not later than within a month, we will respond to your request to invoke your rights consistent with applicable law.
- Revocation: You may revoke your consent for receiving marketing communications at any time, free of charge by following the instructions in any marketing communication. You can also control these preferences in your profile settings. We will then stop applying the research results to you at an individual level and will stop sending you marketing communications.
Questions: In case you have a question or complaint about how BDC Partners processes your personal information, you can contact us by email. Alternatively, you may consider lodging a complaint with a supervisory data protection authority.
BDC Partners uses “cookies” to help you personalise your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a Web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. The purpose of a cookie is to tell the web server that you have returned to a specific page. For example, if you register with the BDC Partners website or services, a cookie helps BDC Partners recall your specific information on subsequent visits. This simplifies the process of recording your personal information, such as billing addresses, shipping addresses, and so on. When you return to the same BDC Partners website, the information you previously provided can be retrieved, so you can easily use BDC Partners website features that you customised.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the BDC Partners services or Web sites you visit.
11. Accuracy, access and correction
We take reasonable steps to ensure the information we collect and hold about you is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, it is your responsibility to contact us from time to time to inform us of any changes to your personal information and to ensure that it is up to date, relevant and of an appropriate quality to enable us to provide our goods and services to you. We will take reasonable steps to correct your personal information if we are satisfied it is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, including making any appropriate deletions or additions.
Where applicable under the GDPR, we will honour your right to request access to, or modification or deletion of, your personal information. We may have the right to withhold that access or refuse to modify or erase your personal information under applicable laws, but will give you reasons if we do so.
If you wish to make an enquiry about a possible breach of how your personal information is being handled or the Privacy Principles of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (or, where applicable under the GDPR) or a formal complaint, you can contact us through the contact information provided below.
We will refer your complaint to the responsible privacy officer at BDC Partners, who will investigate the issue and determine the steps we will undertake to resolve your complaint. We will contact you if we require any additional information from you and will notify you in writing of the determination in relation to your complaint. BDC Partners reserves the right to request any supporting evidence and/or information to substantiate the complaint/breach.
We are committed to finding a solution to your concerns however if you are not satisfied with our determination, you can contact us to discuss your concerns further or complaint to the Australian Privacy Commissioner.
13. Other Websites
The Services we operate may contain links to other websites (“Third Party Links“). BDC Partners do not endorse such Third Party Links and are not responsible for any content contained therein. If you decide to access any Third Party Links, you do so entirely at your own risk.
15. BDC Franchise Group
BDC Franchise Recruitment VIC Partners Pty Ltd | ABN 74 643 238 993
BDC Franchise Recruitment NSW Partners Pty Ltd | ABN 56 643 238 475
BDC Franchise Recruitment QLD Partners Pty Ltd | ABN 28 643 238 733
BDC Franchise Recruitment Partners Pty Ltd | ABN 16 642 303 491
BDC Property Partners Pty Ltd | ABN 87 141 762 727
BDC Partners Pty Ltd | ABN 73 642 299 330
16. Contacting us
Email: [email protected]
Tel: 03 9787 1375
Written correspondence: Att: Privacy Officer, Suite 2A, Level 1, 84 Mt Eliza Way, Mt Eliza VIC 3930