Digital Strategy: How To ACTUALLY Put Your Customers First
Putting the customer first is the name of the game, and for a lot of business owners, it’s too often an empty promise. The best way to truly put the customer first? Learn from them.
This is exactly what will set you apart from your competitors.
CX (Customer Experience) goes well beyond the friendly face of an employee… it is the sum of every interaction a customer has with your brand, online or offline.
As a strategy, CX Research & Design means putting the customer at the centre of everything you do, starting with an immersive investigation of your customer journey to answer the following questions:
- What are the touchpoints?
- What are the pain points?
- What are the opportunities?
Now you have this information, you can optimise every element of your operations to meet the ideal customer experience. This process is called Service Design, and can be divided into two parts:
- The front stage is everything visible to the customer: stores, social media, touchpoints, interfaces, interactions, and products.
- The backstage is everything invisible to the customer: processes, policies, systems, technology, and infrastructure.
Digital systems are important for both. The backstage directly impacts the front stage, and while these elements may not be visible to the customer, they are definitely felt. An optimised digital strategy will eliminate headaches for both you and the customer, and fine-tune the daily flow of operations for maximum return. Here are some examples:
- Setting up an online store with an e-commerce solution
- Monitoring your marketing communications and the sales pipeline with a CRM platform
- Streamlining your invoicing and financials with an accounting platform
- Automating stock/warehouse processes with an inventory system
Every business has a unique set of needs, so it’s vital that you select technologies that suit your business best. To make the investment worthwhile, the people in your business need to understand, embrace, and utilise the tech to its full capability.
At BDC Partners, we partner with the best in the biz: BlueRock Digital, to help franchisors and retailers implement and execute a golden digital strategy. When integrated by our team of experts, these systems can speak to each other, creating a flow of data that will transform your day-to-day, sharpen up your bottom line and grow your business.
Sound good to you? Book a chat with us today.
This blog was put together with the help of Ryan Kagan (Director at BlueRock Digital).
Ryan specialises in digital consulting, systems, strategy, growth and ‘all things online’. He’s also passionate about applying his digital lens to help businesses of all sizes and industries (particularly in franchising and retail) to seize opportunities for growth. He has an amazing knack for addressing complex digital problems and making it look easy.
Get in touch using the form below.